I don’t do fashion, I am fashion.
I started the style section on this blog after much trepidation. As a style lover, I’ve often thought that fashion can be a bit too discriminatory. We are often misled to believe that you need to be certain size, of certain ethnicity and have loads of cash to spare to enjoy fashion and style, I beg to differ. For me style is also like an art form, you pick up pieces from a plethora of things to create something. Starting this blog has also taught me that it is not so easy to talk style week after week because there are only so many ways to describe clothes. And why do I have so many things going on this in this blog? Because fashion has to do with ideas and I like to make it my own. On that happy note, here’s my top 13 looks of 2013.
1. Monochrome with a dash of colour: Stripes with a dash of colour.
2. Fall Colours: To break the bleakness of fall.
3. Colour riot: Because I love colours.
4. Drama Queen: The quintessential LBD for the drama queen.
5. London Fashion Week: Covering the LFW for the first time.
6: Girl meets Boy: Androgynous Cool.
7. Off-Duty: Casual Chic.
8. Coral Crushing: We all need a bright summer dress.
9. Style Expedition: For traveling in style.
10: Being Goddess: For my inner and outer Goddess.
11. Tartantastic: Gripped by the Tartan fever.
12: The Jumpsuit: A wardrobe staple.
13. The ever elegant Saree: Because one must never forget one’s roots.