Mummyhood (I just coined the term) is a very tough and busy job which can sometimes (actually most times) leave you looking like a train wreck. Here are my beauty cheats that will make you look like a million dollars even though you feel bone tired and just want to be under a nice duvet for the rest of eternity.
1) Clinique Uplifting Liquid Illuminator: This is perhaps one of the few products that I can genuinely not live without. True to its word, it really uplifts your face. Mix it with your foundation/CC cream for an over all glow or use it as a bronzer either ways you will look like you have had a well-rested night (which obviously you haven’t).
2) Bodyshop Peppermint foot spray: Chances are you will be on your toes all the day. Needless to say, your feet would show signs of tiredness too. This cooling spray will rejuvenate and give them an instant freshness.
3) Batiste Dry Shampoo: Most days I don’t have the luxury of gloriously shampooing and conditioning my hair. Batiste Dry Shampoo is my go to product to get instantly fresh and clean hair.
4) Simple Eye balm: One thing I realised after becoming a mom is that puffy, tired eyes is part of the job. This soothing eye balm by Simple freshens and relaxes my eyes and is even keeping dark circles at bay.
5) Olay CC cream: The CC cream is the best alternate to foundation and a tad bit better than moisturizer; most also come with SPF which means you don’t need another product on your face.
6) Kohl: Busy Mom or not, a good flick of kohl is sometimes the only thing you need to look great. Even on days I don’t put anything on my face, I still use kohl and it lightens up my face instantly. My favourite is Mac’s Designer Purple.
7) Lipstick: Just like kohl, lipstick is another great thing to use when you have to dash out and look fresh in less than a minute. My favourite one is Mac’s Up the Amp.
8) Perfume: Another thing I realized after becoming a mom is that I also don’t have the luxury of taking long, relaxing bath. Hence, spritzing on some perfume is not only a great way to feel fresh but smell great too. My current favourite is Calvin Klein CKIN2U.
9) Lip balm: Another quick and easy way to give some TLC to your lips is to keep applying lip balm. I have lip balms in every other nook and cranny of my home. I love the Grace Cole as I had mentioned here.
These are my beauty cheats for anyone living a busy life. What are yours? Would love to hear.
PS: This post is not sponsored, I have brought all the above products except the lip balm.
Thanks for reading. Have a great weekend. Do show me your love with your likes and comments or better still go ahead and make my day by following me. I follow back 🙂