As a nursing mum there are days when I am ALWAYS hungry. Nursing is definitely the toughest form of exercise that I’ve done that sometimes makes me unimaginably tired. As a mum, I’ve also realised that at times I simply forget to eat and binge on unnecessary junk items.
To get my eating habits back on track and to keep myself energised throughout the day, I have started doing some things that’s helping me immensely: I keep myself well-hydrated, I eat small portions every two hours and most importantly, I always have a protein source in my main meals. I also go for recipes that are quick and easy to make. The other day, I experimented a bit and made this dinner. My version of Harissa Chicken is easy to make, delicious and most importantly nutritious.
You will need: A portion of chicken breast, store brought Harissa paste, lettuce leaves, cucumber,1-2 cloves of garlic, salad tomatoes, sun dried tomatoes, cayenne pepper (optional) and bagel bread.
Here’s how to make:
1) Cut the chicken breast into bite sized portions and marinate it with 2-3 tablespoon of Harissa paste. Keep it aside for at least half an hour.
2) While the chicken is marinating, make your salad. Cut the cucumber, salad tomatoes and sun dried tomatoes. Mix in a touch of cayenne pepper. Drizzle some oil from sun dried tomatoes over the veggies. Give the salad a thorough mix.
3) Heat a pan and add some olive oil (just a touch would do you can use spray oil if you wish). Take out the marinated chicken and cook it thoroughly for 5-10 mins.
4) Cut the garlic clove into small pieces and roast it with some oil. You just need to brown it a bit.
5) Put the cooked chicken and salad on a plate of lettuce leaf and garnish it with roasted garlic.
6) Serve it with warm bagel bread and enjoy.
Happy Tuesday. Hope you liked my culinary experiment and enjoyed this post. Don’t forget to show me your love with your likes and comments. Or go ahead and follow me. I follow back 🙂