As you probably know, my blog instead of following a strict niche is all about things and ideas I love. As I am now a mom, I have started a new segment: Mommy musings. Hope you enjoy my take on Motherhood. And thanks for all your love and support 🙂
Motherhood is amusing, exhausting and truly life changing experience. And here’s my funny take on the whole thing.
- Every morning at 4 AM, I make a pact with myself that I will stick to clean, healthy eating because you know I want to be a yummy mummy but by 10AM after I have nursed for what seems like zillion times, I wolf down a slice (or two) of cake. Amazingly, I don’t care because I am too exhausted.
- Sometimes, the only way to calm my little girl is the damn idiot box (TV). And I let her watch. (but only for few minutes) 😦
- Some days, I keep a wet and soiled nappy on till hubby’s arrival. I would promptly give the baby to him with the most beguiling smile stating that she did her business just as he walked in.
- Ever since my daughter’s birth I have been having dark dreams…..where I do nothing but sleep. I have finally begun to realise the beauty of beauty sleep.
- I have always considered myself to be an intelligent, smart person who can sort out anything in life. Never did I think that my own baby would make me feel like an utter, incompetent fool.
- I have on an occasion (or two or whatever) woken my hubby up from his deep slumber because I have to nurse and why should he SLEEP???
- Once upon a time, I used to be prim and proper. Now, I use words like S***, F***, C*** with an alarming ease. 😦
- It’s not me it’s the hormones. Hormones have made me weepy, angry, and downright mean. Yes, hormones are the real bitch not me ;).
- Speaking of bitches, so is 4-month sleep regression.
- I love seeing my daughter grow but I dread growth spurts.
- I start my week saying I will only have decaf coffee and tea but by the second day after feeling like a total zombie, I cave in and have a big, fat cup of coffee. The real deal not the decaf thing.
- I’ve heard mothers are versatile people. I agree I am not just a mom but a soother, cleaner of all dirty things, rocker, wiper, singer (Bad one at that), dancer, baby’s buffet, clown, walker and even bed.
- Baby wipes are quite versatile–can be used to clean the mirror, windows, tables, your face and so on.
- At times, I will sit in the loo just a tad bit longer so that I can have a moment of quiet just by myself.
- Once upon a time, I used to be house proud. Now, the wires of the laptop, the tablet, the God-knows-what are all strewn everywhere with the little lady’s toys and I don’t care.
- As I have stated here, motherhood is not a job and the pay is crummy. But the returns are amazing.
Happy Wednesday. Hope you enjoyed this post, do show me your love with your likes and comments or go ahead and make my day by following me. I follow back 🙂