Paulo Coelho stated, “A child can teach an adult three things: to be happy for no reason, to always be busy with something, and to know how to demand with all his might that which he desires.” As a new mum, I can totally vouch for this. Being a first time mom can be a rollercoaster ride but here is a funny side of the whole First time mommy thing. Before I start the post, I must say I love my daughter to bits (OK, I would love her more if she slept more ;)). I did not know it was possible to love anyone so much. Sometimes, I am on the brink of insanity but still she makes it worthwhile and so without further ado here are the funny things I have learnt as a First time Mom.
- Those who say they slept like a baby clearly do not have one or have never been with one.
- I have always been very lady like so why the hell does my daughter fart so loudly especially outside amidst strangers? Why, oh why?
- Before the babe, I had a full-time job; I was also blogging, socializing with friends and regularly going to gym. I had a busy life or so I thought. Now, I will give my left arm to have a 48-hour-day and I suspect I would still need more.
- Often after feeding, cleaning and dressing her up, I would think I will relax for a wee-bit with a nice cuppa and just when I let my guard down the baby she……poops.
- Babies are unpredictable. Just when I think I have mastered her non-verbal cues and “aaaah aah” songs and feel rather pleased with myself for taking stock of her needs, she would change track and then it is back to square one.
- I always wanted to have super powers now I have one– I make milk.
- My boobs—they are no longer just mine or my hubby’s for that matter. They are solely and only hers. Her food and sometimes (na, all the time) her comforter, soother, cushion and toy.
- Those who say babies should have schedule from day one don’t have kids of their own or live in some fairy land.
- It is slightly annoying when stranger people (na, girls) coo at my hubby when he carries her whilst while I am carrying her, I am just doing my natural duty.
- The best way to get a baby’s attention: pretend you are relaxing.
- Just when you think you can get busy with your hubby/partner. Babies will bawl crazy they just know that you are having too much fun without them.
- Motherhood is not all cuddling, laughter and walk in the park. Motherhood is actually series of shocks and harsh realizations, disgusting things under my fingernails, horrifying smells, and constant irritation.
- And yet when your baby gives you her innocent laughter, talks to you in her baby language you know you will die thousand deaths just for your baby.
Hope you enjoyed this post. Do share your thoughts and comments and show me your love with your likes and follows. Have a great mid-week.