Nostalgia has kicked in and before going on my break, I thought I will do two nostalgia posts. Here, I bring to you my top travels of this year. French writer, Gustav Flaubert, has once said, “Travel makes one modest, you see what a tiny place you occupy in the world.” This year was all about that realisation and broadening my horizons intellectually and spiritually; something which traveling always teaches me.
1. Kerala: It is God’s own country after all.
2. Amsterdam: The coolest and the most liberal city I visited this year.
3. Paris: Because Paris is always a good idea.
4. Longleat Safari Park: As I am a through and through nature’s girl.
5. Barcelona: A vibrant city which teaches you the art of doing nothing, enjoying everything and living.
6. Ibiza: Not just a clubbing heaven but pristine beaches, sparkling blue Mediterranean waters and scrumptious food.
7. London: My new work place and perhaps the most pulsating city in the world where you can never get bored.
8. Bombay: Truly a city that never sleeps and as Dorothy said, “there is no place like home.”
9. Oxford: A wonderful walking city and the seat of knowledge and learning.
Hope my next year is also as adventurous as this one and I am able to tick off few more places in my travel bucket list.
Have a great day and wish you all a Happy New Year.