Despite my best attempts, I cannot keep time still. There is nothing more I want than asking time to slow down a little so you and I can enjoy your childhood a little more. You, darling child, have started asking some mind-boggling questions: Like why are there no girls in your football class? what happens to people when they leave this world? Why your best friend (who is a boy) not interested in ballet? I love these questions and these are just somethings I want you to learn, in no particular order.
- You can like dolls. You can like spiderman. And both are fine.
- There is nothing like a boy colour and girl colour. Colours are fun, enjoy them.
- People will eventually forget who you are but never how you made them feel. Make their memories unforgettable (in a nice way).
- Kick ass and don’t be a kiss ass.
- Rebel (but try not to do it against me) ;).
- Laugh, breathe and let go.
- Learn to deal with failures.
- Failures don’t make you but neither does success.
- Comparisons will steal your joy.
- Some girls will have sugar daddies. Don’t be that girl. Work hard and carve your own path.
- Despite what they say, feminism is not a bad word.
- Do silly things.
- Run, dance, lift weights. Move your body, Love your body. It is the only vessel you have.
- Love food. Don’t make it your enemy.
- Have friends from all walks of life.
- Speaking of friends; always remember quality over quantity.
- Sunscreen and some kohl. And of course red lipstick.
- Looks do fade. Character doesn’t.
- Love unconditionally. Love deeply. And Love yourself.
- Be strong, be gentle and be brave.
- Be your own cheerleader.
- Don’t dumb yourself down for anyone.
- Be Kind. Always.
- Be proud but not arrogant.
- Use your voice.
- You matter.
If someone tells you that you can’t do something because you’re a girl, do it anyway, and do it better.
- Learn to say no.
- Love does conquer all.
With love, always